Practical Diagnostic Imaging For the Veterinary Technician, 3rd Edition - [POD : 해외 주문제작 도서 ]
By Connie M. Han, RVT and Cheryl D. Hurd, RVT
304 pages 420 ills
Trim size 8 1/2 X 10 7/8 in
※ POD : 해외 주문제작 도서로 3~4주정도 소요!!
POD(Printed On Demand/주문형서적) 상품 안내
이 도서는 POD상품입니다.
POD: 품절/절판된 도서를 전자파일로 보유, 주문시 책의 형태로 인쇄/제본한 도서, 오리지날
도서와 차이가 있을 수 있습니다.
A complete and practical guide, this text describes how to produce high-quality radiographic and ultrasound images. The first half of the book covers equipment, safety, and technique — all major responsibilities of the veterinary technician. The second half details radiographic positioning for small animals, large animals, and exotics. Reflecting the major role of ultrasonography in veterinary practice, the book concludes with an expanded chapter on diagnostic ultrasound.
- Practical, concise clinical format
- Written at the appropriate reading level for technicians
- Abundant illustrations emphasize basic radiographic and ultrasonographic principles, techniques, and equipment used in veterinary practice
- Concise and understandable discussion of physics and radiography
- Examples of common artifacts show how to avoid misinterpretation of imaging studies
- Excellent coverage of radiation safety
- Practical technique charts
- Excellent coverage of small- and large-animal positioning
- Exotics chapter featuring rodents (including ferrets), reptiles, and birds
- Ultrasound chapter that includes normal ultrasonographic findings, along with corresponding images
- Helpful hints given for obtaining quality images and avoiding common pitfalls reflect the authors’ experiences at a busy teaching institution
New to this Edition
- New cardiac ultrasound scanning techniques with 20 new ultrasound images
- New images of the latest x-ray equipment
- Updated pedagogical features, including outlines, key points, chapter objectives, and helpful hints for veterinary technicians
Table Of Contents
PART ONE: RADIOGRAPHIC TECHNIQUE AND EQUIPMENT 1. X-ray Generation 2. Achieving Radiographic Quality 3. Exposure Variables 4. Recording the Image 5. X-ray Equipment 6. Darkroom Techniques 7. Radiation Safety 8. Developing a Small Animal Radiographic Technique Chart 9. Radiographic Artifacts PART TWO: RADIOGRAPHIC POSITIONING 10. Small Animal Radiography 11. Basic Small Animal Dental Radiography 12. Contrast Studies 13. Exotic Animal Radiography 14. Large Animal Radiography 15. Diagnostic Ultrasound
By Connie M. Han, RVT, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN; and Cheryl D. Hurd, RVT, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN