Cote's Clinical Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 4th Edition
ISBN Number 9780323676755/9780323554510
Main Author By Leah Cohn, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM) and Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and
Small Animal Internal Medicine)
Copyright Year 2019
Edition Number 4
Trim 276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)
Illustrations Approx. 508 illustrations
Page Count 1680
The indispensable resource for the busy small animal
practitioner. Providing easy-to-use, cutting-edge information, Côté's Clinical
Veterinary Advisor: Dogs and Cats, 4th Edition is like six books in one - with
concise coverage of diseases and disorders; procedures and techniques;
differentials, mnemonics, and lists; laboratory tests; clinical algorithms; and
a drug compendium. Completely updated from cover to cover, this edition includes
over a dozen all-new chapters on new and important topics including
hyperadrenocorticism (food-related), hypercalcemia (idiopathic feline),
meningoencephalitis of unknown etiology, incidentally-detected heart murmurs,
and more. It also includes free access to a fully searchable companion website
containing an electronic version of the text, all of the book's images in color,
bonus chapters and video content, a searchable drug compendium, 200 client
education handouts in both English and Spanish, and 35 customizable client
New to this
- NEW! Expert Consult website with fully searchable eBook allows quick
identification of any topic and its related information in the six different
sections of the book.
- NEW! Fully revised and updated content plus dozens of all-new chapters,
- Hyperadrenocorticism (food-related)
- Meningoencephalitis of unknown etiology
- Hypercalcemia (feline idiopathic)
- Hops toxicosis
- Movement disorders
- Heart murmur (incidental finding)
- Urethral occluder placement
- Fecal transplant
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (blind)
- NEW! Informed client consent handouts provide simple explanations of
procedures and denote foreseeable risks in both English and Spanish).
- NEW! Additional color images throughout the eBook increase the effectiveness
of clinical photographs to showcase ophthalmologic and dermatologic conditions.
- NEW! Includes procedures and techniques rated in practical "do-ability" from
1 diamond (any vet should be able to read and do), to 3 diamonds (understanding
procedure will facilitate conversation with clients but best performed through
- UPDATED! Videos demonstrate important findings that static images cannot
convey, such as characteristic lameness and ultrasound findings.
- UPDATED! Tech Tips cover more than 850 diseases and disorders that are
especially relevant to the technician's daily experience in the clinic.
- UPDATED! 200 customizable printable client education handouts are included
online and available in English or Spanish.
- Highly referenced diseases and disorders presented in alphabetical order
makes sought-out information easy to retrieve.
- Extensive cross referencing throughout the text offers quick access to all
- Hundreds of expert international contributing authors ensure the information
is the most accurate and up-to-date.
- SIX-BOOKS-IN-ONE offers invaluable content, such as diseases and disorders;
procedures and techniques; differential diagnosis; laboratory tests; clinical
algorithms; and drug formulary.
- Pedagogical icons reflect content to alert readers to unique elements within
- Vibrant website with searchable content and extensive bonus material
enhances information from the print book.
Table Of Contents
Section I: Diseases and
Section II: Procedures and Techniques
Section IV: Laboratory Tests
Section VI: Drug Formulary
By Leah Cohn, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM), Professor of Veterinary Medicine Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery Veterinary Health Center University of Missouri Columbia, Missouri and Etienne Cote, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology and Small Animal Internal Medicine), Associate Professor, Department of Companion Animals, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, PE, Canada