Find vital information fast, when every second counts. The Small Animal Veterinary Nerdbook has become the profession’s gold standard for finding the information you need for everyday clinical practice when and where you need it. In fact, more than 10,000 veterinarians and veterinary students own this popular book. This pocket-sized reference gives you immediate access to accurate, practical information on 21 subjects, with handy tab dividers and headers, as well as sleek tables and charts.
This book features:
- Enhanced cross-referencing
- Concise tables and charts to illustrate content
- Simple diagrams provide an alternative to text information
- Index of commonly used drug dosages
- Tabbed dividers in a loose-leaf format you can add notes to
- Extensive references if you need more in-depth information
The Nerdbook places special emphasis on topics critical to the practice of routine clinical medicine, such as cardiology, toxicology, nutrition, critical care, infectious disease and dermatology. Charts, tables, diagrams and outlines make skimming the information simple. It’s ideal for clinical use and for board-exam review.
New to this edition:
- The anesthesia section contains an illustrated instruction on nerve blocks and more on anesthetic monitoring.
- The parasitology section summarizes the most updated CDC and CAPC recommendations and heartworm society recommendations.
- The infectious disease section explains how to set up vaccine protocols.
- A urinary section that follows the international Renal Interests Society staging system.
- The GI section features a clinical diagnostic approach to diseases.
Purchasing this resource will give you access to additional information on the official Nerdbook website, including:
- References and recommended readings
- A neurologic exam check-off sheet
- An illustrated overview of the nervous system
- Sections that can be added to the book
- Updates to content in the book
- General protocols for behavior modification
- Client handouts for prevention of common behavior problems
- Videos illustrating behavior modification techniques
In its third edition with loads of new and updated information, the Nerdbook is better organized, easier to understand and more clinically relevant than ever before.
Binder, 1.2” x 5.8” x 7.5”
metal spiral binding, 450 pages
30 black and white illustrations
2007, CattleDog Publishing